Sunday, September 15, 2013

Taum Sauk Vista

Taum Sauk Vista by kevin33040
Taum Sauk Vista, a photo by kevin33040 on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
I have to be honest, and say Taum Sauk Mountain State Park was not what I had imagined. I was quite disappointed that I had taken the time to drive out of my way to get to it. I am only offering my opinion, and you should go see it for yourself if you are interested.

The information below was taken from www.mostateparks.com/park/taum-sauk-mountain-state-park as it appeared on September 15, 2013.

"Climb to the top of Taum Sauk Mountain State Park and be on top of Missouri – literally. The park’s 7,500 acres include the highest point in the state. Located in the St. Francois Mountains, the park's hickory forests and rocky glades provide a beautiful, solitary experience for hikers. A series of trails, including a portion of the Ozark Trail, wind through the park’s picturesque setting and provide awesome views of the surrounding countryside. The park also has a 12-site basic campground, a special use area for non-profit youth organizations, and a picnic area."

No comments:

Post a Comment